Chronomics - Cholesterol Test
- Unit price
Designed by scientists from the world’s leading research universities for those who want to improve and optimise their health.
Our test kits only require a few drops of blood from your fingertip, a clinically-valid method that's as accurate (and less painful) as conventional blood collection.
You must be at least 18 years old to use our Testing Services.
All test kits are delivered to you for free and include a prepaid shipping label for you to send samples to the lab.
Adding product to your cart
Our at home lipid panel test helps you monitor cholesterol through a simple finger-prick collection, with online results in 2 to 4 days.
- Total Cholesterol
- High Density Lipoprotein (HDL)
- Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL)
- Non-HDL Cholesterol
- Cholesterol: HDL ratio
- Cholesterol levels can be associated with an increased risk of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease, which can cause heart attacks or strokes. Measuring your cholesterol can help you to make lifestyle and dietary changes to improve your chances of a long and healthy life.
- Cholesterol is essential for formation of cell membranes, hormones and bile acids. Cholesterol comes both from your diet and the production of cholesterol in the liver. Cholesterol and other lipids are carried in the blood attached to proteins, forming particles known as lipoproteins.
- HDL, or high density lipoprotein, is often called good cholesterol because it helps prevent disease by carrying cholesterol away from the cells, back to the liver, where it can be broken down and removed from the body. Cholesterol:HDL ratio is the ratio between all forms of cholesterol and HDL, the lower the ratio the better.
- LDL Cholesterol - LDL cholesterol is part of low density lipoprotein. This is often called bad cholesterol, because if there’s too much LDL cholesterol in your blood it can build up in the arteries, clogging them up. Non-HDL is a measure of all forms of Cholesterol apart from HDL.
- Triglycerides are the body's storage form of fat. Most triglycerides are found in fat (adipose) tissue, but some circulate in the blood to provide fuel for muscles to work. Extra triglycerides are found in the blood after eating a meal - when fat is being sent from the gut to fat tissue for storage. Triglycerides are the ‘saturated’ and ‘unsaturated’ fats you read about on food labels.
You must be in a fasting state to accurately measure your baseline triglyceride levels. Do not eat for 8 hours before taking the test, we recommend taking the test in the morning before breakfast.
What is included with this test?
- A finger prick kit and vials for blood collection
- A clear set of instructions
- A pre-paid, self-adhesive shipping label
- Results from an accredited lab within 3 days of receipt
- Access to your own online dashboard to view your detailed results
📋 Easy to understand results
After receiving and registering your test, you will gain access to your personal Chronomics dashboard where you'll be able to access your test results once returned by the lab.
For each biomarker you will get a test result - we will provide both the number and the unit of measurement.
We will also let you know if the result is normal or abnormal, and will explain the role of the biomarker in the body along with some reasons why results can be abnormal.
🔬 Developed by leading scientists
Founded by scientists from the world’s leading research universities, we have brought together an expert team across science and technology to create best health and wellness tests in the market.
🙌 Take health into your own hands
The test is simple and can be self-administered at home with minimal preparation. No more waiting for an appointment!
Once results are available from the testing laboratory you will receive an email notification and your results will be visible on the dashboard.
Frequently asked questions
You will receive an e-mail from us within 48-hours of your sample being received by the lab, with a link to view your test results on our secure dashboard once your results are ready.
Yes, your samples are processed in the same labs used by hospitals, government programs and primary care providers - all of which are UKAS and ISO accredited, which are the highest levels of accreditation. Furthermore, our team is comprised of medical and scientific leaders, so you can be assured that our claims and results reports are clinically-valid.
We advise that samples are collected when waking up in a fasted state and returned immediately using the labels provided. Each of our test kits includes a prepaid delivery label to return your samples to the lab. Please do not collect or return samples on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Your Chronomics test kit includes:
- Collection tube(s)
- Plaster x 2
- Return form x 1
- Alcohol swab x 2
- Lancet x 4
- Prepaid shipping label x 1
- Cleansing wipe x 1
- Collection tube label(s)
- Protective plastic case x 1